Online Security & Social Media Conference
On October 14, 2016, I was invited to speak at the Digital Citizenship Conference in Los Angeles, California at the Microsoft LA headquarters. In attendance included educators, security experts and social media professionals from around the country, including Google, Sony Playstation, and law enforcement. Collectively, we presented best online security practices, social media tips, and key digital safety tips to keep our children safe in the digital world.
Hot topics and takeaways:
- Key digital safety tips from experts.
- Tips to keep students safe from predators and online scams.
- Understanding how teens use apps such as Instagram and Snapchat.
- How to create a social media contract to help keep your family safe and smart online.
- How colleges are now looking at online reputations in addition to GPA score.
- Strategies to help students overcome digital device addiction.
- How to be productive during screen time.
- Good and bad apps for kids. Apps in the “green zone” and “red zone”.